1. Wow. It has been 4 years and ++ i'm in UMS medical school. What a life. I still clearly remember when i enter this school, a lot of critics were given to it until sometimes i feel so ashamed of being in this school.
2. however, spending 4 years (now i;m in final year) in this medical school, teach me a lot of thing. The important thing is, to be yourself, and to be proud on everything you do. And of course it also teach me medicine..
3. Some of the people do not like UMS medical school and trying to bring it down. I am not really clear on what basis they want to do that. I guess, if there is a school that want to provide good education to the people especially people here in Sabah, i guess they need to support it and trying to bring it down will bring no benefit to anyone. Let us just say, if during my earlier day in this school, suddenly it was closed on demand of those people, where should i go? And where should the other 100+ student go. Do they realize that they are destroying lot and lots of people bright future and dream? Haha. Sometime, people act clever but they are simple minded. Sometimes young people like me have more vision of the future compare to old people who sit around in front of their desk thinking about negative thing around them.
4. Luckily, nothing happen and my medical school still going ontoday. 2 batches already graduated and good impression were given by the hospital where they practiced. Giving us the next batch to have more confidence to follow their steps.
5. Yes it is true that no people are perfect. Even though i am in Medical school, doctor wannabe, but i am not god who knows everything. Sometimes i forget, sometimes i missed the fact, sometimes i look clumsy on examination, but i am trying hard. trying hard to reach the standard.
6. By far, there is a lot of pressure and stress that we had to go through along our study in this school. Lot of doctors were looking negatively to us, scold us, humiliate us as student from UMS, some nurses always say that UMS is not good enough ( and compare us to student nurse from KKM which they say are much better), we are not allowed to enter certain places because they say this is not teaching hospital, not UMS's... lot of thing. Sometime we feel that no one respect us and we have no dignity anymore.
7. But i remember one of the Pediatric surgeon told me " You don't have to respect yourself, just respect others". It make sense, does not matter how much humiliation we get, we will always keep on learning and learning. Nothing can stop us at this point.
8. However, good doctors and consultant are always there to help us. We were very grateful on how they want us to learn, teach us and inspire us to keep on going. To bring the name of UMS medical school and show everyone that we are not sitting around and playing games in this school. very thankful to those people who always help us and bring us forward and not leaving us behind like some did.
9. So now i guess UMS medical school is always the school that i want to be until today. it is funny sometimes when our lecturer are trying to find those student who hate UMS so much. I sometimes laugh in my heart and laugh a lot with my roomate. Why? Because we are just humble Sabahan who love sabah and grateful to be in UM-Sabah Medical school. Sometime me and my roomate would talk about how lucky we are to be in this school.
10. Yet, there is a lot of thing need to be fix and corrected for the future junior so that better quality will be achieved in the future. Always have a room for changes.
11. Anyhow, i'm supposed to talk about UMS medical school but now i am talking about myself in Medical school. haha. maybe later i will wrote something on my school. haha.