Labuan and The Water Issue
1. I am back in Labuan, and yes, the problem that started when I was 11 years old (now i am 24 years old) still there and no sign of it going to be resolved. NO WATER IN LABUAN!
2. Have you ever been studying in Labuan Matriculation college or University Malaysia Sabah cause if you do, you will experience this problem and you will know it better like us, the labuanites. If you are a tourist, then this should not be a problem as water for tourist or maybe bussiness sector, industrial area is not affected by this problem.
3. I want to tell everyone that my house has not get a single drop of water for almost a month now. Before this, we will have water (with low pressure) for maybe 2 days a week. We have 4 water tank now to make sure we keep enough water to survive.
4. Water is a basic thing for all living thing in this world. We are too living thing. In an island like this, i do not expect people to find water from underground sources, river or etc. We are surrounded by salted water, the sea. To get water for drinking is so hard in a small island. Yes there is underground water source now that has been use to by KTAK to supply the need for thousands of labuanites. Thanks god but that water will not resolved this problem.
5. I have been hearing that politicians are talking about this issues in parliament, but to what extend that this will help? I would say thank you to the politician who try to make thing better for us but i guess until the problem solved, i would not believe that they are doing their job. I am a citizen of this free country and i have the right to express what i feel.
6. I heard that they are building more water pipes to supply water from Mainland Sabah to Labuan, but i also heard that it will not be enough as you can see that industrial area in labuan need more water, i believe it is their right to demand for that. But not to forget, the people, the villagers, we, also have the right to get a clean water supply.
In the end, let see until when this problem will continue.