All google app not working over mobile: Celcom experience.
I want to talk about my recent experiences on taking entrance exam for Master in Pathology which happen last week, however I rather talk about this before that as this problem really cost me a lot of trouble in this few weeks.
i can't use any of google related app in my phone... From browser, to youtube, google map, even Playstore. All showing connection error or no connection detected. In browser, it always says web age not available.
Initially I thought there were some kind of network problem in my area (Kota kinabalu) but then when I went to Kuala Lumpur for my entrance exam, the problem persist. Calling celcom tech support, they only say that they will reset my data but nothing happen, I still can't surf the web.
Strangely, third party app like facebook, 9gag, Waze..etc, all working perfectly. So it was no network error. Perhaps its my phone, but when I use a Digi simcard from my wife, the problem disappear, while installing my celcom simcard to my wife phone cause her phone to stop working on Google related app.
I search over the net, the closest thing I found is regarding my APN setting. However, setting provided im the web matched my apn setting so why did I still have the problem.
On the verge of converting back to Digi (I have love hate relationship with Digi), suddenly a tech support from celcom once again call me. Now he sound more understanding in my problem compare to the one before this...
And this time, the tech support were right. It is really my apn setting.
For all celcom user, most of the time, people will inform us that our apn would be celcom3g and the rest would be not set or default set. This was the cause of my problem. They change it from celcom3g which I always use before this to mycelcom3g. Just add my in the front and wolla...everything started t work now.
In more detail, for android, go to setting-->mobile data-->accesss point name-->click Celcom 3G Internet -->APN--> change celcom3g to mycelcom3g. Thats all.
I am so happy now my mobile data start working again...